40 W, DoE Level VI & CoC Tier 2 Efficiency, Three Prong (C14) Inlet, Desktop Adapter, Ac-Dc Power Supply
|Description||40 W, DoE Level VI & CoC Tier 2 Efficiency, Three Prong (C14) Inlet, Desktop Adapter, Ac-Dc Power Supply|
|CE EC-Declaration for Medical||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|CE EC-Declaration for Industrial/Commercial/ITE||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ec_declaration?id=a0Oa000000MikBiEAJ|
|CE EC-Declaration for Household||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|UKCA-Declaration for Medical||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|UKCA-Declaration for Industrial/Commercial/ITE||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ukca_declaration?id=a0Oa000000MikBiEAJ|
|UKCA-Declaration for Household||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|Morocco SDoC Declaration||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/Morocco_SDoC_Declaration?id=a0Oa000000MikBiEAJ|
|Prop 65 Statement||https://en.globtek.com/prop-65-statement.pdf|
|Conflict Minerals Declaration||https://www.globtek.com/pdf/conflict-minerals.pdf|
|Technology||Regulated Switchmode AC-DC Power Supply AC Adaptor|
|Category||ICT/ITE Power Supply|
|Input Voltage Range (V)||100-240V~, 50-60 Hz|
|Max Input Current (A)||1.0A|
|Max Output Power Rating (W)||40|
|Output Voltage Range (V)||12-24|
|Efficiency||USA DOE Level VI / Eco-design Directive 2009/125/EC, (EU) 2019/1782 / Europe Code of Conduct on Energy Efficiency of External Power Supplies - Version 5|
* (Final ordering #/Part No to be defined)
|A) ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS:|
01. Input Voltage: Specified 90-264 Vac, Nameplate rated: 100-240Vac
02. Input Frequency: Specified 47-63 Hz, Nameplate rated 50-60Hz
03. Input Rated Current: 1.0A RMS Max
04. Inrush Current: No damage
05. Average Efficiency: 87.6% Min (CEC & DOE LEVEL VI Compliant); 88.3% Min (ErP European Commission's Ecodesign Directive (2005/32/EC) / CoC Tier 2 Compliant)
06. Input Power(no load): <0.1W (CEC &DOE Level VI Compliant); <0.075W ErP European Commission's Ecodesign Directive (2005/32/EC) / CoC Tier 2 Compliant)
07. Load regulation: ±5%
08. Ripple Voltage: 120mV (p-p) (100-240V AC Input). Measuring is done by 20MHz bandwidth oscilloscope and terminated each output with a 10uf aluminum electrolytic capacitor and 0.1uf ceramic capacitor.
01. Over-Voltage: Electronically Protected Zener clamp across the output
02. Short Circuit: Electronically Protected unit will auto recover upon removal of fault
03. Over Temperature Protection
04. Over voltage protection: for 12V - 16V; for 15V - 20.25V, for 19V - 25.65, for 24V - 32.4V
01. Dielectric Withstand Voltage: 4242Vdc from primary to secondary
02. Earth Leakage Current: <3.5 mA at 240Vac input voltage
03. Touch Current: <0.25mA @ 240Vac input voltage
04. ROHS 2: Complies with EU 2011/65/EU and China SJ/T 11363-2006
05. Earth continuity test:<0.1Ω or < 0.2Ω when with SUPPLY CORD"
01. MTBF: 200,000 Hours @ 25°C ambient temperature
02. Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C ambient temperature
03. Humidity: 10% to 90% relative humidity
04. Storage Temperature: -10°C to 70°C
05. Cooling: Convection
06. ROHS 2: Complies with EU 2011/65/EU and China SJ/T 11363-2006
01. Housing: High impact plastic, 94V0 polycarbonate, non-vented
02. Size: 111*52*32.3 +/-1.0 mm
03. Markings: Label and/or Pad Printed and/or Molded in the case
|Individual Box/Gift Box Size (mm)||167*58*60|
|Individual Box/Gift Box Color|
|Master Carton Size (mm)||520 x 370 x 205|
|Gross Weight (kg)||15.6|
|Label Width (mm)||37.5|
|Label Height (mm)||77.5|
|Description||IEC 60320/C14 AC Inlet Connector, Class I, Earth Ground|
Mates with IEC 60320/C13 Plug
Optional Locking IEC60320 Receptable and cord option available on some models by request.:
Standard International IEC 320/C13 Cordsets
Below are standard cordsets which are "not included" (unless stated above); these can be purchased separately or packaged with the power supply. Contact your Sales Engineer if the style required is not shown below. Many more available in different lengths, colors or cable material.
Stock Power Supply Cords
Common output connector options:|
Click to add to your request.
For a comprehensive list of options, click here
Contact GlobTek for your specific requirements or custom solutions.
|Popular Products (Stock items)|
Is level VI efficiency required for power over Ethernet?
According to the department of energy of the United States, An EPS may be considered a Class A EPS if it connects to the end-use application using any type of electrical connection, cable, cord, or other wiring, including both removable and hard-wired connections. An Ethernet cable would meet these criteria, so an EPS that connects to the end-use product via an Ethernet cable would still be considered a Class A EPS and would be subject to the applicable energy conservation standards if it meets the other five criteria of a Class A EPS. In general all power over ethernet power supply adapters meet all criteria and are required to be level VI efficiency.
What is a IEC 62368-1:2018 power supply?
IEC 62368-1:2018 is applicable to the safety of electrical and electronic equipment within the field of audio, video, information and communication technology, and business and office machines with a rated voltage not exceeding 600 V. This is a product safety standard that classifies energy sources, prescribes safeguards against those energy sources, and provides guidance on the application of, and requirements for, those safeguards. The prescribed safeguards are intended to reduce the likelihood of pain, injury and, in the case of fire, property damage. An IEC 62368-1 rated AC to DC converter or power supply is a power supply that has been tested to and certified to comply with the said standard.
Did IEC 62368-1 power supplies replace IEC60950-1 power supplies?
On December 20, 2020 the safety standards that historically have applied to information technology equipment and audio video equipment, IEC 60065 and IEC 60950-1,transition to IEC 62368-1. In North America ETL and UL 60950-1 certifications will continue to stay valid and may continue to be used until further notice.
What is the difference between an IEC 62368-1 and a IEC 60950-1 power supply?
While the structure and contents of the standards are very different in general most products that previously complied with IEC 60950-1 comply with the latest standard IEC 62368-1 with little or no modification.
Will my IEC60950-1 power supply remain available?
GlobTek will continue to manufacture and supply IEC 60950-1 power supplies indefinitely until further notice.
What is Level VI Efficiency?
The numerals I to VI are an International Efficiency Marking Protocol which allows manufacturers to designate the efficiency performance of a product. This performance is based on the measurement of the operating energy efficiency and no-load power consumption of external power supplies or AC DC adapters tested at different load levels. The no-load power consumption refers to the amount of power that an external power supply draws even when the application is turned off or disconnected.
Is Level VI Efficiency required?
Level VI efficiency is mandated in certain countries and regions for certain products or certain applications.
What is the Eco-design Directive 2009/125/EC?
The Eco-design directive put into law in Europe the latest requirements for energy efficiency and conservation for AC DC adapters and external power supplies.
What is European CoC Tier 2 Regulation?European CoC Tier 2 Regulation is a set of efficiency targets for external power supplies and AC adapters published by the The European Commission JRC (Joint Research Centre) Renewable Energy Unit. These targets are voluntary and not mandated by any law.
How Does an AC-DC Adapter Work?
The AC to DC adapter or external power supply consists of a power supply which is enclosed in a housing similar to an AC plug, hence the term plug type, wall plug in, plug-in or plugtop power adapter. The power supply is plugged into the mains socket and the AC Voltage is then converted by the AC to DC adapter power supply into a DC voltage that is fed into the appliance via the output cable connection.